While we’ll reserve much of the celebration for our third anniversary coming up in October (which may involve me spending a good deal of money to give the place a much needed overhaul), I thought I’d showcase some of our favorite posts, in no particular order:
- Blizzard’s Big Announcement of Cowboycraft, when both Bartoneus and myself were online the eve before the real announcement, and started talking about how hilarious it would be to not be Starcraft 2.
- What is a Good Game Anyway? Like most of my Critical Threats series on game design, I definitely see room for improvement, but I was really elated to have Raph Koster actually respond to me!
- Fallout 3: An Outsider’s Inside View, Bartoneus’s excellent writeup, and our very first brush with being real journalists.
- Pain of Campaigning III: The Plot Thickens, TheMainEvent’s series on DMing is all around solid, but this is my particular favorite of the series from early on.
- Critical Hits Gift Guide #1: DVDs (2006), possibly my favorite post that I’ve ever written, just because of how much work and research I put into it. And how many times do I get to write articles about Lord of the G-Strings? (That’s a post I should consider re-doing this holiday season.)
- Real Ultimate Showdown Round 1: See where it all began! (Spoiler alert: Dragons won.)
- They Call me Monsieur Blob: A behind the scenes look at what it’s really like being a game designer.
- So what IS D&D anyway? I kicked off a firestorm of comments with my rant about those who decide what D&D is and isn’t. (Including ranting at myself.)
- Inq. of the Week: Classic Game Trilogies, possibly the most evil poll… EVER!
- Sweet Merciful Crap: By popular demand, we must once again point you to the Knights of Cydonia music video for your daily dose of awesome.
- Any random post is good!
Thanks for reading, and hopefully see you in another 1000!