After one of my Twitter followers asked me innocently if I could create a Twitter Game World for them to play in, my brain literally exploded with possibilities…
For those who don’t know what Twitter is, it’s mostly a micro-blogging platform where users can post little texts of no more than 140 characters long. It comes with the possibility of following the musings of other twitters or to search it.
It’s used by many for Spams, Updates of Blog posts and the occasional Twitter Poop alerts.
Thing is… Twitter is slower than Chat but faster than email. That and the 140 characters limit to post makes it a very interesting candidate for a mini-RPG.
I played with it for one day and 11 guinea pigs and I refined the concept based on participant’s feedback.
I’m currently running a Beta game with 6 players and you can see the rules and follow the highlights here.
It’s a lot of fun so far for a very limited time investment (for the DM).
I was told on good authority that I might be the first one to attempt something like this. I feel this might become very big!
Feel free to look my rules over and provide feedback.
I’d like to thank the following people for providing the idea’s spark, their support and help:
- David Dorward (For starting the ball)
- Stacy Lang (For asking me to do a Twitter RPG)
- Tom Murphy (For jumping on Stacy’s Idea and bringing my attention to it)
- Darvin TrueShot (For constant support)
- Fang LangFord (For useful feedback and superb twitter search skills)
- Brent Newhall (For technical support and overall enthusiasm)
- Greywulf (For support and for being nearby if I ever stumble over my nascent improv skills)
Additional Credits: Tangent128 (Image)